The experts at Schweitzer Design & Build know how to make a statement with a Family Room remodel uniquely inspired by your style and designed for the way you live.
For these Schweitzer Design & Build clients, their Family Room has always been the main gathering place in their home. The wood-burning fireplace was rarely used because of the time it took to build a fire and the mess it made. When we began designing their Family Room remodel, our clients knew they wanted their new space to feel comfortable, welcoming and connected with their backyard. An energy efficient gas fireplace was on the top of the list, too (with a handy remote and no mess).
The inspiration for the Family Room remodel is centered around the fireplace and our clients’ love for the symmetry of surrounding built-in cabinets. Meaningful collectibles found a new home on display behind glazed doors. Their love of music, but not visible speakers and wires, inspired the design of hidden speaker cabinets with a decorative mesh that looks like it’s a part of the fireplace mantle.
To create a sense of height and space in the Family Room remodel, we designed a vaulted ceiling and a wall of windows to invite natural light and the outdoors in. The warm ambiance of the new fireplace and custom cabinetry anchors the room, perfectly uniting function and beauty.
The elements that brought this Family Room together:
- Dimmable LED recessed lights to provide practical, energy-efficient lighting.
- The legs of the mantle are cleverly concealed cabinets for housing stereo speakers.
- Antique brass cabinet knobs with a botanical pattern complement our client’s furniture.
- Glazed cabinet doors grab the light and expanded the space.
- An unexpected cool neutral for the walls kept it light and inviting. Escape Gray SW 6185 (www.sherwin-williams.com)
- Polished marble tiles in warm tones provide an unsophisticated elegance. New Spring Cloud from Intrepid.
Based in the mid-Willamette Valley, Schweitzer Design & Build knows your home is more than just a place to hang your hat. Your Family Room remodel should be designed to feel welcoming, look beautiful, reflect your individuality, and enhance the way you live.
Talk to Schweitzer Design & Build about your Family Room remodel.
Budget Tips for Your Family Room Remodel.
Fireplaces on Pinterest that inspire us!